Botulinum Toxin Procedures - Botox, Dysport, Xeomin
Wrinkles and lines are common signs of aging, especially around the eyes and lips, along with loss of volume, skin elasticity and skin color changes. Botox and other related products offer a non-surgical, no downtime and very effective option to soften wrinkles and lines.
- Is an in-office procedure
- It takes 15-20 minutes
- It does not require anesthesia
- A very small needle is used to inject to the treatment area
- Most will return to work or social engagements on the same day
Botox (Allergan), Xeomin (Merz) and Dysport (Medicis) are all injectable neuromodulators. They are used to temporarily soften wrinkles and lines by temporarily reduce muscle contraction in the treatment areas due to inhibition of acetylcholine release at the neuromuscular junction.
They are all from the same substance, bacterium Clostridium Bolulinum, or Botulinum Toxin A, with a slightly different formulation between each brand.
THE MOST COMMON TARGET TREATMENT AREAS:
- The horizontal forehead lines
- Frown line or the “eleven”
- Crow’s feet
ADVANCED TREATMENT AREAS:
- Eyebrow lift
- Bunny lines
- Smoker’s or lipstick lines
- Marionette lines
- Downturned corners of the mouth
- Nasolabial folds
- Gummy smile
- Chin dimples
- Neck lines-Platysma bands
- Migraine headache
how does it work
Small, diluted amounts of Clostridium botulinum are injected into specific muscles causing controlled weakening of the muscles.
Getting Botox takes only a few minutes and no anesthesia is required. Botox is injected with a fine needle into specific muscles with only minor discomfort.
Botox blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscle can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften.
The effects from Botox will last four to six months. As muscle action gradually returns, the lines and wrinkles begin to re-appear and wrinkles need to be re-treated. The lines and wrinkles often appear less severe with time because the muscles are being trained to relax.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE?
- they are all safe for all skin types and skin colors
WHO IS NOT A CANDIDATE?
- Any neuromuscular medical condition- Myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome- requires attention and monitoring.
- Pregnancy, breast feeding or planed pregnancy.
- Serious preexisting disease: DM1, uncontrolled DM2, CHF, severe CAD, RA/SLE etc.
- Prior allergy: lactose/albumin/eggs or prior sensitivity to Botulinum Toxin A
- Marked facial asymmetry
- History of facial nerve palsy
- Infections or skin problem at the injection site
- Cow’s milk allergy - Dysport
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
- 15-20 minutes
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST?
- $350-$600 per area
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- 3-6 MONTHS
- Up to 4 months for Dysport and Xeomin
HOW FAST DOES IT START WORKING?
- 3-7 days
- 2-3 days after Dysport and Xeomin
- Full result in 2-4 weeks
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, polymicin)
- DRUG THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH NEUROMUSCULAR FUNCTION- MUSCLE RELAXANT AND others - may potentiate potency
- Aminoquinlones - counteract effect of toxin
- Cyclosporine- neuromuscular blockade
- D-penicillamide - Ach receptor antibodies in immunologically predisposed
- Bleeding and swelling at the injection site
- Skin irritation
- Shortness of breath
Vampire Facelift Save $200
REAL PATIENT STORIES
"You found the fountain of youth! I'm going to start sending everyone your way." - Tina, post PRP facelift and facial.
"I am extremely happy. It has been a dream to have better skin. You have no idea how much this has helped my self esteem." - Kathleen, post PRP/stem cell injection facelift and PDO threads for acne scarring
"Can't say much about the hair, but the face looks great! With lip land eyeliner, I don't have to use much makeup! Oh, sunscreen" - Jackie, 65 yo, post PDO thread lift
"Good morning, I saw my dermatologist for my annual skin check. She could NOT stop looking at my face. She kept complimenting my skin and saying whatever you've been doing just keep doing it, looks great!! She asked me what I had been doing. I told her about you and how much you've done for my skin. Just want to make you smile this morning" -Anique, Vampire facelift /facial and smooth PDO threads.
"Hi! I wanted to give you an update- I'm obsessed with the peptides- Both are giving amazing results for me. I can't thank you enough!!! -
"Thank you so much for making me look so beautiful. My skin is like new!! Just starting using red light."-Sasha
"YOU are AMAZING! I wish I had the micro needling as well. But I chicken out. This is Rojan. You took care of my scar tissue on my face."- Rojan, California- post skin subcision and PRP injection.
"Good morning. Just to report... my knees are feeling so much better. Its unbelievable. Could I please get date, time and location of your Georgetown seminar. Thank you so much!" J.G., post knee regenerative injection.
"Knee feels really good today. A noticeable difference. PRP takes a while to kick right? The shockwave or combo must have helped a lot."-Kevin, 3 weeks post acute knee injury.
"Dr. Nguyen has been patient with my seemingly endless stream of questions.Thank you, Dr. Nguyen."-Jack
"Super Helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks!
"Dr. Nguyen was very honest and encouraging. My first treatment was very easy and relaxing."-JG