THE LUNCHTIME FACE AND NECK LIFT
PDO thread treatment is a minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure that uses biodegradable, absorbable lifting and smoothing sutures. It is another type of collagen induction therapy to improve the appearance of sagging skin and wrinkles. PDO stands for polydioxanone, which is the same type of suture used in surgery.
HOW IS IT DONE?
- Your doctor will discuss with you the areas to be treated/lifted: the lower face, jaw, neck, brow, perioral, ect.
- A small amount of injectable anesthesia (lidocaine with epi) is used followed by the use of a needle to make a self -healing pilot hole in the skin to introduce a small needle or cannula that is preloaded with a thread.
- Smaller PDO threads -monos and screws don’t require a pilot hole.
- Multiple threads are used during a single treatment.
- The procedure takes 15-45 minutes depending on the areas treated.
- Often, numerous treatments are required for the desired results from the amount of new collagen production.
PDO threadlift- on the left with threads - instant improvement of the nasolabial fold.
how does it work
The threads are strategically placed in the superficial layer of the skin.
Once placed, these threads promote your body natural ability to regenerate by making new collagen around each thread.
Procedure also increase metabolism, lipolysis, muscle relaxation tissue adhesion.
Once these threads dissolve in 3-6 months, your skin remains firm and lifted from the new network of new collagen.
PDO thread lift, when combined with PRP – or Platelet rich plasma at a higher concentration, has shown to create even better results.
Since the practice of aesthetic medicine is not an exact science, results may vary and we cannot guarantee the degree of improvement or the duration of improvement.
Minimally invasive, nonsurgical of option for lifting and smoothing results
Can be applied in many areas:
- Face contouring
- Lower face lift
- Neck lift
- Cheek enhancement
- Brow lift
- Jawline lift
- Nasolabial lines
- Marionette lines
- Crow’s feet and periorbital zone
- Upper lips
Pore size reduction
- upper arms
- chest tightening
Mild to moderate pain
No recovery time
A great option when combined with fillers, botox, or PRP to produce the best and natural look with a lot less botox and filler.
- Right afterwards, you will likely experience some tenderness and swelling around the treated areas. This can last a few days and may last up to 2 weeks.
- Bruising is expected as well and can last up to 2 weeks.
- Skin infection/scarring is rare but a possibility just as with any injection to the skin. If you experience any signs or symptoms if skin infection, notify us immediately.
- Allergic reaction - may occur to the thread material, numbing cream, lidocaine, epinephrine, skin disinfectant products.
- Please provide us with any existing allergies, especially to plastic or nylon.
- Pigment changes- the treated area can become lighter or darker – this is usually RARE and temporary but may be permanent. Daily sun protection with SPF of 30 or higher is recommended.
- Asymmetry/dimpling/bumps – since threads and collagen production are not an exact science, you may experience slight asymmetry or partial laxity correction.
- known bleeding/clotting issues
- tendency for abnormal scarring- hypertrophic or keloid
- known severe low platelet count
- active skin infection or systemic infection-known collagen-vascular disease
Can you see or feel the threads after the procedure?
You cannot see the threads after the procedure; however, your skin type and thickness will determine a lot. You will feel some tightness after the procedure due to some expected temporary swelling.
Is there any downtime?
There is no to minimal downtime. Depending on the area and the number of threads used, the swelling, soreness and bruising may be worst for 2-3 days and dissipate by the end of one week.
Is the procedure painful?
This is a minimally invasive procedure, patients report minimal discomfort.
What is the cost?
The range is from $800-$3500 depending on the treated areas and the number of threads.
How long does it take to see the full results?
You should see immediate lifting and smoothing effects, and it can take up to 4-6 months to see the full benefit of the treatment.
How long does it last?
On average, results can last 6-18 months or more depending on the treated areas, the number of threads used and if combined with other collagen induction therapy such as PRP injection.
Vampire Facelift Save $500
REAL PATIENT STORIES
"You found the fountain of youth! I'm going to start sending everyone your way." - Tina, post PRP facelift and facial.
"I am extremely happy. It has been a dream to have better skin. You have no idea how much this has helped my self esteem." - Kathleen, post PRP/stem cell injection facelift and PDO threads for acne scarring
"Can't say much about the hair, but the face looks great! With lip land eyeliner, I don't have to use much makeup! Oh, sunscreen" - Jackie, 65 yo, post PDO thread lift
"Good morning, I saw my dermatologist for my annual skin check. She could NOT stop looking at my face. She kept complimenting my skin and saying whatever you've been doing just keep doing it, looks great!! She asked me what I had been doing. I told her about you and how much you've done for my skin. Just want to make you smile this morning" -Anique, Vampire facelift /facial and smooth PDO threads.
"Hi! I wanted to give you an update- I'm obsessed with the peptides- Both are giving amazing results for me. I can't thank you enough!!! -
"Thank you so much for making me look so beautiful. My skin is like new!! Just starting using red light."-Sasha
"YOU are AMAZING! I wish I had the micro needling as well. But I chicken out. This is Rojan. You took care of my scar tissue on my face."- Rojan, California- post skin subcision and PRP injection.
"Good morning. Just to report... my knees are feeling so much better. Its unbelievable. Could I please get date, time and location of your Georgetown seminar. Thank you so much!" J.G., post knee regenerative injection.
"Knee feels really good today. A noticeable difference. PRP takes a while to kick right? The shockwave or combo must have helped a lot."-Kevin, 3 weeks post acute knee injury.
"Dr. Nguyen has been patient with my seemingly endless stream of questions.Thank you, Dr. Nguyen."-Jack
"Super Helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks!
"Dr. Nguyen was very honest and encouraging. My first treatment was very easy and relaxing."-JG