Injectable dermal fillers can add back volume to cheeks, plump the lips, enhance facial contours, and soften wrinkles and folds therefore creating a more youthful appearance.
WHAT ARE INJECTABLE DERMAL FILLERS?
Dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin to add back volume loss, enhance facial contours, and soften wrinkles and folds. There are a variety of FDA approved dermal fillers products which are categorized by the substance they are made from.
HYALURONIC ACID (HA)
- HA is a natural substance in your skin to keep your skin hydrated and plump.
- HA fillers are soft and gel-like.
- Results last 6-12 months or more.
- FDA approved HA fillers:
- Juvederm XC, VOLUMA, VOLURE
- Restylane, Restylane silk, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne and Restylane defyne
CALCIUM HYDROXYLAPATITE (CaHA) – RADIESSE
- CaHA is also a natural substance primarily found in bones/teeth.
- Typically, thicker than HA fillers.
- Helps to induce collagen production.
- Lasts 12 months.
- Used for deep wrinkles.
- FDA approved CaHA filler:
POLY-L-LACTIC-ACID- SCULPTRA AESTHETIC
- Is a biodegradable synthetic substance.
- Has been used for a long time as dissolvable stitches.
- Stimulates collagen production.
- Results can last over 2 years.
- Typically used for deeper facial lines and wrinkles.
- FDA approved:
- Sculptra Aesthetic
how does it work
Dermal fillers are aesthetic gel based treatments injected into the skin. They are specifically designed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, contour the face and create volume. Some dermal fillers are also used to hydrate and revitalise your skin.
Dermal fillers are based on a substance that occurs naturally in your body – a sugar molecule that exists naturally in almost all living organisms. By injecting this naturally occurring substance, the fillers revitalise & add volume to the area instantly.
- No major chronic diseases
- Realistic goals and expectations
- Healthy lifestyle and positive attitude
- Active infections
- Autoimmune disease
- Pregnant or breast feeding
- Bleeding/clotting issues or tendencies
- Blood thinners
Redness, swelling, bruising, mild discomfort
These are uncommon but include:
- Skin eruptions
- Infections Lumps/granulomas
- Skin necrosis
Vampire Facelift Save $200
REAL PATIENT STORIES
"You found the fountain of youth! I'm going to start sending everyone your way." - Tina
"I am extremely happy. It has been a dream to have better skin. You have no idea how much this has helped my self esteem." - Kathleen