NONSURGICAL HAIR RESTORATION WITH PRP
PRP injection and PRP microneedling are non-invasive, minimal pain, no down time treatment options for hair restoration.
Do you experience …
- thinning hair
- receding hairline
- areas of baldness
- family of history of baldness
- low self -esteem/self-consciousness
- social distress
- feeling of reduced social acceptance
- side effects from various medications
- feeling older/sign of aging
- sense of inadequacy
Then PRP injection and or microneedling is a treatment option for you.
Just as PRP therapy is a fairly new and effective treatment using your own blood for facial rejuvenation, sexual dysfunction in women, ED in men, it can be used for hair restoration by promoting increased hair thickness and healthy growth of hair follicles
THE 3 STEPS OF PRP THERAPY FOR HAIR RESTORATION
- Your blood is obtained from a simple blood draw. Then your blood is placed in a centrifuge to collect concentrated platelet rich Plasma - or PRP- the gold liquid
- Your scalp areas to be treated is then numbed with lidocaine - using a small needle
- The PRP then injected into your scalp
Hair Growth Physiology - Growth Factors Associated With Hair Follicles
- IGF l & ll- Insulin-like growth factor encoded in the IGF 1 gene
- TGF-B transforming growth factor beta- cellular differentiation and proliferation in most tissues
- CTGF/CCN2- - connective tissue growth factor- protein needed for blood vessel growth, proliferation and adhesion of cells.
- FGF- Fibroblast growth factor- needed for wound healing, proliferation, and differentiation for a variety of tissues and cells.
- EGF- epidermal growth factor- stimulate cell growth and differentiation while binding to resident cell receptors
- VEGF- vascular endothelial growth factor- stimulate new blood vessel growth
- IL 8- Interleukin 8-induce chemotaxis and promote blood vessel growth
- KGF- keratinocyte growth factor- promote epithelial cell growth- hair/alopecia treatment
- CD34+ Cells- markers to attract additional stem cells to the repair site
- Cytokine/Adhesion Molecules- modulate migration and recruitment of stem cells to the repair and regeneration site.
how does it work
The mechanism of hair-regrowth induced is by release of platelets derived growth factors due to wound regeneration, activation of stem cells in hair bulge area, and over expression of VEGF, B catenin, wnt3a, and wnt10b
Just as our known knowledge about the role of PRP over the last 20 years in wound healing, sport injuries, various orthopedic conditions, and more recently in various aesthetic/plastic surgeries, PRP treatment is used for hair restoration the same way as the repair and regenerate process in wound healing.
PRP therapy is a promising option for hair restoration, especially when combined with current FDA approved therapies as DHT blockers (finasteride) and minoxidil along with Red LED light therapy.
Currently, there is no established evidence of the absolute effectiveness of PRP therapy and the results may vary.
PRP has at least 8 growth factors which promote the repair process by increase in collagen synthesis, more blood vessel growth, cell replication, skin formation, production of extracellular matrix protein, along with stimulating your own stem cells in the regenerative process.
Typically, hair restoration is about 90% successful in women with one treatment
Men have almost 65% success rate as it relates to hormonal alopecia and it is recommended for men to have 3-4 treatments for better results. Other causes of hair thinning, and hair loss have a higher success rate.
- non invasive
- no downtime
- minimal pain
- a lot less expensive than surgical hair transplantation
- safe and effective
- great as a preventive measure – start early!
- possible minor bruising
- possible minor bleeding
- minor scalp tenderness- 24-48 hours
- rare potential complications: cutaneous eruptions, hyperpigmentation, inflammation, itching and superficial infection.
- known platelet dysfunction
- critical low platelet count
- hemodynamic instability
- active systemic or local infections- wait until resolved
- NSAIDs use within the last 48 hours
- corticosteroid injection within the last 4 weeks
- systemic use of corticosteroid with 2 weeks
- cancers (blood related or bone)
- severe anemia- hemoglobin less than 10g/dl
Is it painful?
Since it is done after your scalp is numbed with lidocaine injection – it is not very painful. Most report 1-3/10 .
How long does it take to see the results?
Since it takes time for hair to grow, it takes about 2-3 months to see the results., 4-6 months for full results. For men, it is recommended to have 3-4 treatments for the optimal results.
Is there any downtime?
It is done as an in-office procedure and there is no downtime.
What is the cost?
$1500-$2000, less if purchased as a package.
Vampire Facelift Save $200
REAL PATIENT STORIES
"You found the fountain of youth! I'm going to start sending everyone your way." - Tina, post PRP facelift and facial.
"I am extremely happy. It has been a dream to have better skin. You have no idea how much this has helped my self esteem." - Kathleen, post PRP/stem cell injection facelift and PDO threads for acne scarring
"Can't say much about the hair, but the face looks great! With lip land eyeliner, I don't have to use much makeup! Oh, sunscreen" - Jackie, 65 yo, post PDO thread lift
"Good morning, I saw my dermatologist for my annual skin check. She could NOT stop looking at my face. She kept complimenting my skin and saying whatever you've been doing just keep doing it, looks great!! She asked me what I had been doing. I told her about you and how much you've done for my skin. Just want to make you smile this morning" -Anique, Vampire facelift /facial and smooth PDO threads.
"Hi! I wanted to give you an update- I'm obsessed with the peptides- Both are giving amazing results for me. I can't thank you enough!!! -
"Thank you so much for making me look so beautiful. My skin is like new!! Just starting using red light."-Sasha
"YOU are AMAZING! I wish I had the micro needling as well. But I chicken out. This is Rojan. You took care of my scar tissue on my face."- Rojan, California- post skin subcision and PRP injection.
"Good morning. Just to report... my knees are feeling so much better. Its unbelievable. Could I please get date, time and location of your Georgetown seminar. Thank you so much!" J.G., post knee regenerative injection.
"Knee feels really good today. A noticeable difference. PRP takes a while to kick right? The shockwave or combo must have helped a lot."-Kevin, 3 weeks post acute knee injury.
"Dr. Nguyen has been patient with my seemingly endless stream of questions.Thank you, Dr. Nguyen."-Jack
"Super Helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks!
"Dr. Nguyen was very honest and encouraging. My first treatment was very easy and relaxing."-JG