PLATELET RICH PLASMA- PRP
WHAT IS PLATELET RICH PLASMA?
PRP contains your body's natural growth factors involved in the healing process from injuries. These growth factors stimulate the production of more blood vessels , collagen synthesis and recruitment of stem cells into the treatment area. For arthritis , PRP is injected into the joint to induce the repair and regeneration process therefore relieving pain and a healthier joint. The same principle applied to other PRP therapies such as The Vampire Facelift to create a natural and more youthful look; the P-shot and O-shot are the sexual optimization procedures and also the treatment option for urinary incontinence for men and women; the Hair Regrowth therapy for men and women to treat hair loss.
PRP is obtained from your own blood by using FDA approved preparations – centrifuge and tubes.
- Platelet rich plasma – PRP- is blood plasma that contains a concentrated source of autologous platelets.
- These platelets collected in PRP may be activated by adding thrombin or calcium chloride or by placing under the skin tissue which induces the activation process.
- The presence or absent of red and white blood cells and the addition of thrombin or calcium chloride may also delineate the preparation and effeteness based on indications.
- PRP contain many growth factors -GF and Cytokines.
BRIEF HISTORY OF PLATELET RICH PLASMA
- 1990 - PRP is used as a surgical glue to seal difficult incisions- open thoracic surgery, plastic surgery, large skin flap
- 1991- PRP is used by oral surgeons to enhance wound healing in cancer patients with jaw reconstructions.
- 1998 - Orthopedic surgeons begin using PRP as one of several tools to repair bone fractures that are resistant to healing.
- 1999 - Introduction of PRP in sport medicine- Steve Bono (QB-49ers) for Achilles tendon.
- 2006 - American Journal of Sport Medicine (11/2006) – research substantiates that PRP helps accelerate tissue/wound healing.
- 2006 - PRP applications start to extend across many fields of medicine from cardiovascular surgery, to orthopedics.
- 2009 - Hines Ward becomes MVP of Super Bowl after high ankle sprain 2 weeks prior.
HOW DO WE PREPARE THE PLATELET RICH PLASMA
- STEP 1: Withdraw blood from patient- 15-60 ml
- STEP 2: Load blood into the FDA approved centrifuge. Spin for about 15 minutes to obtain CONCENTRATED PRP
- STEP 3: Extract concentrated PRP and discard the rest
PRP Treatments We Offer
ACTIVATION OF PLATELETS
When injected into soft tissues, PRP will result in the formation of fibrin stand/mesh or extra cellular matrix under the skin.
Degranulation- when injected within the tissue, the platelets will release growth factors.
Migration of macrophages and stem cells to affected or treated area, both the stromal and hematopoietic stem cells to the area.
Growth factors will then bind to GF receptors in the area of injection, additional stem cells will be attracted to the area- stem cell proliferation and replication begin. GROWTH and REPAIR continue for up to 2-3 months after these injections.
Stem cells are needed to allow for direction and differentiation from the growth factors and tissue formation occurs.
The result is new, corrective, healthy tissues and the aging process of all tissues including the new tissues will continue.
Understanding Growth Factors
- IGF l&ll- insulin like growth factor encoded in the IGF1 gene
- TGF- b -transforming Growth Factor beta – cellular differentiation and proliferation
- CTGF/CCN2- connective tissue growth factor- matri-cellular protein needed for angiogenesis, proliferation and adhesion of cells.
- FGF - Fibroblast growth factor- needed for wound healing, proliferation, and differentiation for a variety of of tissues and cells.
- EGF - epidermal growth factor- mitogenic protein stimulating cell growth and differentiation whole binding to resident cell receptors
- VEGF- vascular endothelial growth factor- signal protein angiogenic inducer in vivo stimulating the growth of new vessels-
- IL8- Interleukan-8- proinflammatory chemokine which activates intracellular signaling pathway inducing chemotaxis and promoting angiogenesis.
- KGF/FGF7- keratinocyte growth factor- natural protein and paracrine mediator of epithelial cell growth.- hair/alopecia treatment.
- CD34+ cells- stem cell marker needed to attract additional stem cells to the repair site.
- Cytokines/adhesion Molecules- stromal derived factor- alpha- modulates migration and recruitment of stem cells to the repair and regeneration site. Chemotactic agents within PRP also help in the directional migration of cells.
Vampire Facelift Save $200
REAL PATIENT STORIES
"You found the fountain of youth! I'm going to start sending everyone your way." - Tina, post PRP facelift and facial.
"I am extremely happy. It has been a dream to have better skin. You have no idea how much this has helped my self esteem." - Kathleen, post PRP/stem cell injection facelift and PDO threads for acne scarring
"Can't say much about the hair, but the face looks great! With lip land eyeliner, I don't have to use much makeup! Oh, sunscreen" - Jackie, 65 yo, post PDO thread lift
"Good morning, I saw my dermatologist for my annual skin check. She could NOT stop looking at my face. She kept complimenting my skin and saying whatever you've been doing just keep doing it, looks great!! She asked me what I had been doing. I told her about you and how much you've done for my skin. Just want to make you smile this morning" -Anique, Vampire facelift /facial and smooth PDO threads.
"Hi! I wanted to give you an update- I'm obsessed with the peptides- Both are giving amazing results for me. I can't thank you enough!!! -
"Thank you so much for making me look so beautiful. My skin is like new!! Just starting using red light."-Sasha
"YOU are AMAZING! I wish I had the micro needling as well. But I chicken out. This is Rojan. You took care of my scar tissue on my face."- Rojan, California- post skin subcision and PRP injection.
"Good morning. Just to report... my knees are feeling so much better. Its unbelievable. Could I please get date, time and location of your Georgetown seminar. Thank you so much!" J.G., post knee regenerative injection.
"Knee feels really good today. A noticeable difference. PRP takes a while to kick right? The shockwave or combo must have helped a lot."-Kevin, 3 weeks post acute knee injury.
"Dr. Nguyen has been patient with my seemingly endless stream of questions.Thank you, Dr. Nguyen."-Jack
"Super Helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks!
"Dr. Nguyen was very honest and encouraging. My first treatment was very easy and relaxing."-JG