PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP) Treatments
WHAT IS PLATELET RICH PLASMA?
PRP contains your body's natural growth factors involved in the healing process from injuries. These growth factors stimulate the production of more blood vessels , collagen synthesis and recruitment of stem cells into the treatment area. For arthritis , PRP is injected into the joint to induce the repair and regeneration process therefore relieving pain and a healthier joint.
The same principle applied to other PRP therapies such as The Vampire Facelift to create a natural and more youthful look; the P-shot and O-shot are the sexual optimization procedures and also the treatment option for urinary incontinence for men and women; the Hair Regrowth therapy for men and women to treat hair loss.
PRP is obtained from your own blood by using FDA approved preparations – centrifuge and tubes.
- Platelet rich plasma – PRP- is blood plasma that contains a concentrated source of autologous platelets.
- These platelets collected in PRP may be activated by adding thrombin or calcium chloride or by placing under the skin tissue which induces the activation process.
- The presence or absent of red and white blood cells and the addition of thrombin or calcium chloride may also delineate the preparation and effeteness based on indications.
- PRP contain many growth factors -GF and Cytokines.
BRIEF HISTORY OF PLATELET RICH PLASMA
- 1990 - PRP is used as a surgical glue to seal difficult incisions- open thoracic surgery, plastic surgery, large skin flap
- 1991 - PRP is used by oral surgeons to enhance wound healing in cancer patients with jaw reconstructions.
- 1998 - Orthopedic surgeons begin using PRP as one of several tools to repair bone fractures that are resistant to healing.
- 1999 - Introduction of PRP in sports medicine- Steve Bono (QB-49ers) for Achilles tendon.
- 2006 - American Journal of Sport Medicine (11/2006) – research substantiates that PRP helps accelerate tissue/wound healing.
- 2006 - PRP applications start to extend across many fields of medicine from cardiovascular surgery to orthopedics.
- 2009 - Hines Ward becomes MVP of Super Bowl after high ankle sprain 2 weeks prior.
HOW WE PREPARE THE PLATELET RICH PLASMA
- STEP 1: Withdraw blood from patient 15-60 ml
- STEP 2: Load blood into the FDA approved centrifuge. Spin for about 15 minutes to obtain concentrated PRP.
- STEP 3: Extract concentrated PRP and discard the rest
ACTIVATION OF PLATELETS
When injected into soft tissues, PRP will result in the formation of fibrin stand/mesh or extra cellular matrix under the skin.
Degranulation- when injected within the tissue, the platelets will release growth factors.
Migration of macrophages and stem cells to affected or treated area, both the stromal and hematopoietic stem cells to the area.
Growth factors will then bind to GF receptors in the area of injection, additional stem cells will be attracted to the area- stem cell proliferation and replication begin. GROWTH and REPAIR continue for up to 2-3 months after these injections.
Stem cells are needed to allow for direction and differentiation from the growth factors and tissue formation occurs.
The result is new, corrective, healthy tissues and the aging process of all tissues including the new tissues will continue.
REAL PATIENT STORIES
"In the last week three strangers have approached me just to tell me how beautiful I am. I just wanted you to know that." - J.A., exosome facelift
"You found the fountain of youth! I'm going to start sending everyone your way." - Tina, PRP facelift and facial
"I am extremely happy. It has been a dream to have better skin. You have no idea how much this has helped my self esteem." - Kathleen, PRP/stem cell injection facelift and PDO threads for acne scarring
"Can't say much about the hair, but the face looks great! With lip and eyeliner, I don't have to use much makeup! Just sunscreen." - Jackie, age 65, PDO thread lift
"I saw my dermatologist for my annual skin check. She could NOT stop looking at my face. She kept complimenting my skin and saying whatever you've been doing just keep doing it, looks great!! She asked me what I had been doing. I told her about you and how much you've done for my skin. Just want to make you smile this morning" - Anique, Vampire facelift /facial and smooth PDO threads
"Thank you so much for making me look so beautiful. My skin is like new! Just starting using red light."- Sasha
"YOU are AMAZING! You took care of the scar tissue on my face. I wish I had the micro needling as well. But I chickened out."- Rojan, skin subcision and PRP injection
"My knees are feeling so much better. It's unbelievable. Thank you so much!" - J.G., knee regenerative injection
"Knee feels really good today. A noticeable difference. PRP takes a while to kick in right? The shockwave or combo must have helped a lot."- Kevin, 3 weeks post acute knee injury
"Dr. Nguyen has been patient with my seemingly endless stream of questions. Thank you, Dr. Nguyen." - Jack
"Super helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks!"
"Dr. Nguyen was very honest and encouraging. My first treatment was very easy and relaxing." - JG